Thursday, September 24, 2009

OMG EAT before you go to the Gym. Its good for you!

Let me start by saying if you are going to the gym, EAT PROPERLY before you go. Coffee for breakfast, instant oatmeal, and a banana for supper is NOT ENOUGH!


Soooooo, last night I had a fitness test with a trainer to establish where my fitness level is and what my main areas of improvement are, sounds great! We start by chatting about my reason for wanting to start the whole gym scene, check body fat, take measurements etc etc etc. Awesome, so off we go for a five minute test on the stationary bikes. FIVE minutes.....I didn't make it to 5 minutes and 3 1/2 MAYBE 4 minutes in, I feel kinda funny, then the cold sweat sets in and I gotta stop. I tell the trainer he asks me to describe how I feel, I do, and he tells me I have to get to the bathroom stat!! Um, not sure I can move off the bike......but he helps me off, and I'm doing that dizzy not sure how far away the ground is walk. I get into the bathroom, and I feel like I'm gonna yak...I start opening stalls, to my horror its shower after show where the F are the toilets....then finally I find one. A dry heave later two of the female trainers come in to see how I am, and they stay in the bathroom.....5 minutes later it has passed, a cold cloth on my neck and I'm back on track. Walk out of the bathroom and the trainer is waiting for me with an orange juice, drink about a quarter of this, and next time eat!

Do you want to continue....my pride said yes. So on we go to other tests for upper body strength, balance, core strength, etc etc etc.

The outcome. I'm 18 weeks away from SEXY baby! (not the trainers words) So I have to do some soul searching to make sure that I can commit to myself to improve myself over 18 weeks. you know there will be those days when it was a LONG day, and all you can think about is a pint of Ben and Jerry's If I had a Million Flavours ice cream a cozy blanket a remote control and a dog to snuggle with on the couch, but you have to go to the gym.....can I truly be disciplined enough to promise myself to do this, and not let myself off the hook if I miss a day. That's my question......




OR

No comments: