Monday, August 16, 2010

Harvard University has a new Class about Vampires in Literature? Really?? Yea, it's true.

I know I was pretty surprised myself, Did some poking around on the Harvard University Website, and found out a lot about the course. See Vampire stories aren't just books about the living dead who drink blood and on occasion have "relations" with the living. Actually it's been a way to talk about a number of very human issues without beating the reader about the head. Here is a video that talk about the course at Harvard, as told by the Prof that will be instructing it.



Now I took a few minutes and found the cost for taking the class online is close to 1000 dollars, however I did find the list of books they will be reading, if you are interested, but can't afford the class, at least you can read like you're going Harvard lol


Three Vampire Tales: Dracula, Carmilla, and The Vampyre (New Riverside Editions)

Interview With A Vampire - Anne Rice

Guilty Pleasures - Laurell K Hamilton

Dead Until Dark - Charlaine Harris (A Sookie Stackhouse Book)

The Morganville Vampires: Glass House & The Dead Girls Dance - Rachel Caine

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith

Dead Witch Walking - Kim Harrison

Lord Of The Dead by Tom Holland

HISTORIAN / A NOVEL by Elizabeth Kostova

Let the Right One in Film Tie by John Ajvide Lindqvist

Twilight - Stephenie Meyer


Through other poking about on Youtube, I actually found a trailer for The Abraham Lincoln:Vampire Hunter novel....It's campy and doesn't give you much of an idea of what the book is about but....



Here is a review of the book that maybe a little more helpful.

http://www.vampires.com/abraham-lincoln-vampire-hunter-review/

I suppose there is a part of me that truly loves any book that will get people reading, I just received the Kobo as a gift from my Husband, it's fantastic I love it, but will I stop buying book? Probably not, it will make those LAZY Sundays where all I want is a book and a comfy spot on the couch, less stressful when I realize I HAVE to go out to but a book, Now plug in my Kobo, and buy a book and I have it in minutes. Life is good, oh yeah, Life is GREAT!

No comments: