Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Over-Cooked Meal Lands Man in Hot Water

A man faces charges after an unusual break and enter this morning in Halifax.

At 5:08 a.m., officers responded to a break and enter in the 100 block of Main Avenue. The resident reported that when he woke up and he saw flames near his garage. When he went to investigate further, he discovered the flames were actually coming from his barbeque as a result of food burning. Additional investigation determined that the food in question was ribs that had been stolen from a freezer in the garage. A K9 unit attended and was able to locate a man hiding in a nearby yard. He was arrested without incident and found to be in possession of other items that were determined to be stolen. The victim was able to extinguish the fire, however, the meal was a total loss.

An 18-year-old man faces charges of break and enter, theft, possession of stolen property, breaching a weapons’ prohibition, carrying a concealed weapon and trespass by night. He is scheduled to appear in Halifax Provincial Court today.

No comments: