Nova Scotia RCMP are asking motorists to take extra precaution on our roadways as a winter storm impacts the province over the next 24 hours.
With snow and ice pellets expected, the RCMP would like to remind motorists of the challenges that slippery conditions can create for drivers of all types of vehicles traveling on the many roadways including the 100-series highways.
To prevent incidents from occurring RCMP are reminding road users of the following:
• Call 511 to listen for advisories or road condition updates;
• Please avoid any unnecessary travel;
• Ensure an emergency kit is prepared and in your vehicle;
• Ensure cell phones are charged and ready for use in the event of an emergency;
• Adjust your driving according to the conditions;
•Allow extra time to arrive at your destination;
• Maintain a safe distance between your vehicle and those in front of you; and
• Ensure other motorists can see you. Turn on your headlights.
The RCMP are committed to ensuring safe homes and safe communities for Nova Scotians and needs the support of all motorists to keep our roadways safe.
Winter Parking Ban is in Effect for tonight, so make sure your mode of transportation is off the street!