Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Fox picks on Canadian Military??!

First let me say, I would rather have peace than war. That is actually the opinions of Canadian Military Families. No one on the planet would rather have their loved ones home and safe more. However, that's not the reality of the world we live in. Canada is playing a very active role in Afghanistan, and we will likely have a presence there after the projected withdrawal date. In today's Metro there is a photo of a woman whose husbands remains arrived back in Canada yesterday, she is holding their child in her arms. These images are heartbreaking, as a Canadian I mourn with the families who have lost people. I stand beside the families who support their loved ones who are away, anywhere in this world doing what they signed up to do. I stand with the families who are still coping with the after effects of war, with mental injuries or physical ones. Its a hard life and a hard road to be on. I have had friends and a fiance overseas, I was lucky, they all came home. Some of their friends didn't and a few are still dealing with the loss and still trying to make it make sense. I stand with them, because they need the support. They need to know that people care, they need to know that as the war in Afghanistan continues, that its isn't just fashionable to sport your red on Friday, or have the yellow ribbon on your car. They need to be reminded that it does matter to us. As long as Canada is in Afghanistan, I will support the families and the men and women over seas. It's the only thing that feels right to me.

As far as Fox News goes, what can you expect from Fox? They made gross comments about the RCMP, really they attacked Canada in general, and I have a phone call in to my cable company to take Fox off of my account. I can not believe that jokes that are ill informed took up so much time on the evening news last night. John Stewart is funny because he knows what he's talking about, this guy, not funny, he's just a rude, ignorant bully.

No comments: