Monday, June 4, 2012

Nicki Minaj Didn't go on, and GOOD FOR HER!



So a radio Station in NY put together this show, It was crazy, "everyone" who is r&b, hip hop was there. And Nicki Minaj was the Headliner. Until one of the people who work for the radio station went on the stage and said that "Nicki" was wack. Would this guy have said anything if he didn't like one of the male artists on the bill? hard to say I don't know this guy.


you know what.

GOOD FOR HER.

That's what I think.

I don't love every single song of every single artist we play, some I don't care for at all, but you'll never hear me talk about it on the air. ESPECIALLY if this person/group was headlining a show presented by The BOUNCE. I wouldn't say it because I refuse to disrespect an artist we play, I won't disrespect the other people who work incredibly hard for and with the BOUNCE, I would never put the BOUNCE in that kind of a situation, and if I ever did, I would expect to be reprimanded for it and more important to me I REFUSE to disrespect the fans of an artist. if you are on twitter (so am I @melb_bounce) you can see the drama unfold on Nicki's feed.

Why associate yourself with people who make you feel disrespected? That should a MINIMUM that get from people. If you don't, and you are able to, get away from them.

I'm not saying that radio people shouldn't express our opinions, but, at the end of the day I believe that we can express our opinions in a respectful way.

But, that's just me.

Actually....It isn't just me.




No comments: